Play Me, I'm Yours: NYC

Sing me a song, you're the Piano Man/ Woman/ Child!

As of this past week, NYC has been blessed with the art installation "Play Me, I'm Yours" which provides colorfully decorated pianos available in public places (I've seen one on the Coney Island Boardwalk and Madison Sq. Park even), for anyone to play that feels like plunking out 'chopsticks' or serenading the crowd with some Chopin

From 9am - 10pm each day 60 pianos are available across New York City. 

This project is an artwork by British artist Luke Jerram and has been touring globally since 2008.  "Play Me, I'm Yours" is currently being presented simultaneously in London and NYC.

After the art installation is finished, each piano will be donated to local schools and community groups.

“I’m so excited to see what will happen. The pianos are a blank canvas for everyone’s creativity so it’ll be interesting to see just how much talent is out there. I’ve always had the feeling that this artwork was meant to be presented here. When the pianos arrive on the steet they’ll belong to the people of this great city. Enjoy!” said Luke.

No comments:

Post a Comment